Introduction to Community Spaces
- What do I do if I have forgotten my password?
- What are my secret questions for?
- What do I do if I can't reset my password?
- What is a server not available error?
- I can't login?
- My access code is not working?
- I have timed out of my community space?
- How do I disable 'Display Only Webpage Content Delivered Securely' security warning in IE
- Why can I not install the Adobe Connect Pluging for Desktop sharing on Google Chrome > Version 21?
- Adobe Connect Add in not installing
Test page not working with IE or Chrome >21
Community Spaces provide a secure online collaborative work environment to which access to data, information, and tools can be integrated and tailored to suit a community’s needs. Functions include
- Virtual web conferencing meeting rooms
- Remote share screen and screen control abilities
- Document library
- Data sharing
- Sub spaces
- Message Board
- RSS Feeds
- Group emails/email notification
Use of community spaces is dependent on paying a subscription fee and registration. For more information on subscription types, fees, and other services please select Services and Fees on ConnectingSpaces.
To request access to an existing Community Space go to ConnectingSpaces to submit a request that will be processed by the Service Manager.
To request your own Community Space go to Services and Fees link on ConnectingSpaces and select Community Space application form.
For further assistance please contact the Helpdesk. Within the Community Space area, the Help link in the top right is a useful guide.
The Technical Requirements (Doc, 435KB) document outlines specific requirements for access. If you are having difficulty with your local technical environment, we are happy to assist you or your local IT Support.
Be careful you only get 7 chances. Go to the Log In page (at the top right of the page, next to Register) and click on the Reset Your Password link.
Your secret questions will help you if you have forgotten your password. It is a good idea to take a note of your answers.
A Subspace is simply a Community Space accessed from within a Community Space. Subspaces are good for specific areas of activity of a community such as committees, special interest groups, boards or securing subset of data. For large organisations they can be used for Divisions within an organisation, specific functional areas of a business, or cross-divisional programs of work.
Your username was provided in an email when you first registered.
Now answer your 3 secret questions and type in your new password.
Confirm your new password and click submit.
You will be locked out of your account and the Senior Administrator will have to reset your password. Please contact the Helpdesk or phone the HELPDESK 1300 136 376.
Please try again in 10 minutes as there may be some development work being carried out. If the problem persists please contact the Helpdesk or phone the HELPDESK 1300 136 376
If you receive a 404 error, or a server not found error, please try to login again in 10 minutes.
If you are using Internet Explorer 7 (you can check this by clicking Tools > About Internet Explorer in your Browser Menu Bar), there is a known bug when entering your access code. You will be unable to check the I agree to the above Terms and Conditions. The current workaround is to use Mozilla firefox, or IE8.
Attempt to log in again. If this is not possible please wait 10 minutes, then try again.
- Tools->Internet Options->Security
- Select the Security tab
- Click on the Internet zone icon at the top of the tab page
- Click the Custom Level button
- In the Miscellaneous section change Display mixed content to Enable
The default Flash Plug-in settings, since Google Chrome browser version 21 (on Windows) and version 23 (on Mac), prevent the Adobe Connect Add-In from launching. Chrome browser had earlier been shipping with only NPAPI Flash plug-in, which is compatible with the Add-in.
However Chrome version 21 (on Windows) and Chrome 23 (on Mac) added a new PPAPI (Pepper) Flash plug-in and made it the default. PPAPI Flash plug-in is not compatible with the Add-in. On Windows, Chrome stopped including the NPAPI Flash plug-in since version 22.
Please note that although you can attend Adobe Connect Meetings without the Add-in, the Add-in is required for functionality like screen sharing and making offline recordings. While Adobe works on a solution, please use the workaround below or use a different supported browser for your Adobe Connect Meetings if Add-in–specific functionality is required.
Adobe Connect 8 and 9 users can experience the following:
- Even if Add-in is installed, the meeting opens in the browser and not in the Add-in.
- Upon attempting to share screen, the following message appears:
On-premise customers, using older versions of Connect 8, can experience the following:
- Any Add-in-specific functionality (like screen sharing) starts the Lightning download for Add-in. However, the download still fails.
- Installation of the Add-in from the Help menu in the meeting fails.
Full Details of the issue can be found here:
Google and Adobe are aware of the problem 27/11/12
Test page not working with IE or Chrome >21 (Adobe Connect 8)
Security updates on users browsers have stopped some browsers from displaying accurate information when visiting the connectingspace connect test page: http://devconnect.abin.org.au/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm
When using Chrome Version 21 or greater or using IE where security fix MS12-006 has been applied, you may see the following error when going to
- Use the unencrypted Adobe web site to test your setup
- Use Firefox 16.02 to access the ABIN website:
- Apply the following change to Chrome:
- Type chrome://plugins in a browser tab (Figure 1)
- Expand Details in the upper-right area of the screen (Figure 1)
- Click Disable for the PPAPI Flash plug-in. Ensure that the NPAPI Flash plug-in listed below the PPAPI Flash plug-in is not disabled.
- Refresh the browser tab
- We are currently not aware of a fix for Internet explorer.
If you are using Internet Explorer and you encounter a page similar to;
This can be avoided by Ticking the checkbox on the following security alert;
If you miss the above alert, please close your open tab and re-open Connect